List and Tree controls combined?
Author Message
 List and Tree controls combined?

Hi All,

I use Microsoft's Newsreader which came with IE 3.0 (I haven't upgraded to
4.0 yet).  The User interface seems to be a List Control with Tree
capabilities (for threaded articles).

Is a control like that available to the masses?  Do you think it is an
Owner Drawn List control with the tree stuff added?  Could it be some
combination of the Tree and List controls?

How can I use a control like that without having to write my own custom
control?

Thanks for your opinions.

Mary

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 List and Tree controls combined?

Hi Mary

I think the control used in newsreader is just a ListCtrl but having set
some images to show its state.
If you want to have a 'real' TreeList control you should check this link
http://www.codeguru.com/treeview/treelist.shtml
On the specified site you will find lots more if your interested in
developing special controls.
As I am working on a specialiced TreeList control I have some experience now
so if you are interested in a better working control than the one listed
there just mail me.

Regards
 Marcel

Quote:
>Hi All,

>I use Microsoft's Newsreader which came with IE 3.0 (I haven't upgraded to
>4.0 yet).  The User interface seems to be a List Control with Tree
>capabilities (for threaded articles).

>Is a control like that available to the masses?  Do you think it is an
>Owner Drawn List control with the tree stuff added?  Could it be some
>combination of the Tree and List controls?

>How can I use a control like that without having to write my own custom
>control?

>Thanks for your opinions.

>Mary

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 List and Tree controls combined?

Thanks for the pointer...

Mary

Quote:
> Hi Mary

> I think the control used in newsreader is just a ListCtrl but having set
> some images to show its state.
> If you want to have a 'real' TreeList control you should check this link
> http://www.codeguru.com/treeview/treelist.shtml
> On the specified site you will find lots more if your interested in

. . .

Sun, 06 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 List and Tree controls combined?

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I use Microsoft's Newsreader which came with IE 3.0 (I haven't upgraded to
> 4.0 yet).  The User interface seems to be a List Control with Tree
> capabilities (for threaded articles).

> Is a control like that available to the masses?  Do you think it is an
> Owner Drawn List control with the tree stuff added?  Could it be some
> combination of the Tree and List controls?

Well, that wonderful tool Spy++ says it's a SysListView32 (aka, a list
control).  It has the LVS_OWNERDATA style, but not the
LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED style.

Netscape 4's similar control appears to be a custom window, implemented
using MFC.
--
J.T. Anderson
PLATINUM technology, Los Angeles Laboratory

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView and Tree controls combined?

2. List View control and Tree View Control

3. Basics of Tree Control and Tree view control

4. Getting a directory listing in a Tree Control

5. question about dragging images for tree list control

6. Using a split pane with Tree and List Controls

7. Any one knows about RightToLeft Tree/List Control?

8. Comined list/tree control

9. Tree View and List View controls

10. Unable To create month calender or List or Date Time Picker or Tab or Tree control

11. Combined source/disassembly listing files

12. combine a list box and an edit ctrl?