how to extend context menu for CHtmlView?
Author Message
 how to extend context menu for CHtmlView?

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:04:13 GMT
 how to extend context menu for CHtmlView?
I want to append additional menu items. I guess I need to override
IDocHostUIHandler::ShowContextMenu(), but I do not know how to append menu
items and preserve standard ones at the same time(i.e. leave them in menu).
thanks in advance

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:02:43 GMT
 how to extend context menu for CHtmlView?

Quote:
> I want to append additional menu items. I guess I need to override
> IDocHostUIHandler::ShowContextMenu(), but I do not know how to append
menu
> items and preserve standard ones at the same time(i.e. leave them in
menu).
> thanks in advance

No promises, but here's the URL to an old post of mine on this topic...

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=%23K...

...subsequent to my involvement with the webbrowser control,
IDocHostUIHandler2 made its appearance and offers the GetOverrideKeyPath
method, but appears to have some problems...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B272968

...and the discussion of IDocHostUIHandler::ShowContextMenu at this
URL...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/h...

...offers yet another approach that you may be able to use.

--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:43:19 GMT
 how to extend context menu for CHtmlView?
Thanks, I've tried to use this method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/h...
wbcustomization.asp

but my menu items are disabled. How can I enable them?

Sun, 18 Sep 2005 12:49:02 GMT

1. Extending the IE Context Menu

2. Extending the IE Context Menu

3. Extending Context Menu

4. Extending the CEdit control's context menu

5. Disabling context menu of CHtmlView

6. CHtmlView and intercepting the context menu

7. CHtmlView: disable context menu and drop files

8. CHtmlView context menu

9. Listctrl context menu + shell context menu

10. [Q} Adding own context menu to desktop context menu [again]

11. help working with context menus and adding menu items dynamically

12. Menu Accelerator Key Underlines Missing in Context Menu