Subclassing Windows
Author Message
 Subclassing Windows

How do I subclass a window that belongs to a different program?

ie. Window with class "MyWindowClass" and title "MyWindowTitle"

thanks!

**AKBishop**

..still resisting the Computer {*filter*}s Anonymous meetings

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Subclassing Windows
This is not as easy as it used to be (in window 3.1). Now there are some hoops you
need to jump.. In any case, Check out KB article "HOWTO: Subclass a Window in Windows
95"ID: Q125680 (search the site below) which might give you an idea of what to do.
Also, check out "Advanced Windows"  book by Jeff Richter which explains all you need
to do in detail.

--
Girish Bharadwaj  [VC++/MVP]
Please don't send email queries.Post them here.

Quote:

>How do I subclass a window that belongs to a different program?

>ie. Window with class "MyWindowClass" and title "MyWindowTitle"

>thanks!

>**AKBishop**

>..still resisting the Computer {*filter*}s Anonymous meetings

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Subclassing Windows
I have the source to a subclassing dll on a web page...it's not a generic
one, but specific to an app i'm subclassing..but you can basically see how
to do it...you can email me any questions...
page is http://www.*-*-*.com/
source

Quote:
>How do I subclass a window that belongs to a different program?

>ie. Window with class "MyWindowClass" and title "MyWindowTitle"

>thanks!

>**AKBishop**

>..still resisting the Computer {*filter*}s Anonymous meetings

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Subclassing Windows

2. Subclassing Windows class in MFC

3. Q: subclassing windows in other application

4. Subclassing windows

5. Help:ACIVEX controls- subclassing Windows Control

6. Subclassing Problem with Unicode Windows

7. Q: subclassing problem, with hook and windows messages

8. Subclassing MFC windows

9. Subclassing System.Windows.Forms.ListBox

10. Subclassing System.Web.UI.Page

11. Subclassing Singleton

12. Subclassing the SQLDataReader class