try/catch VS TRY/CATCH
Author Message
 try/catch VS TRY/CATCH

Quote:
>Which try/catch pair is efficient to use to term of speed and executabe
>size?

In the past, when VC++ didn't support exception handling yet, TRY/CATCH
were inefficient, inelegant and not-too-flexible macros, but they were
better than nothing.

After a few time VC++ introduced the support for the new C++ features (with
exception handling being one of them), so you had to choose.
And you would have had better choose the standard C++ way.

As of now, TRY/CATCH macros are just wrappers around try/catch kept for
backward compatibility.
This means that there is no real speed/size difference today, so my advice
is to use C++ try/catch.

Davide Marcato.
| -- AshNet S.r.l.
| -- C/C++ & Windows Developer
| -- Internet Developer & Administrator
| -- Tech. Writer: "Computer Programming", "Login", "DEV"
| -- 15 Years Old Student

| -- Web: www.ashnet.it - www.netics.net

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. TRY-CATCH vs. try-catch

2. Can you catch CDBExection with try-catch keyword?

3. why {try catch} does not catch

4. Q: Why try catch cannot catch the exception

5. CArchiveException vs. try/catch

6. Exception Handling and CDatabase / CRecordset: try-catch( CDBException cdbe) vs. try-catch (...)

7. Try catch blocks - can multiple methods share a single try/catch combination?

8. Try catch blocks - can multiple methods share a single try/catch combination?

9. try-catch-finally problem (I think?)

10. newbie Q: debugging try/catch

11. try catch weird effect

12. Try/Catch performance hit