VC5.0 Help won't start
Author Message
 VC5.0 Help won't start

I just install VC++5.0 on my NT Server 4.0 machine and when I try to
search for something in online help, I get:

An unexpected error has occurred. Restart Internet explorer, and try
again.

It then trys to save a file called blank.htm to my bin directory.

The strange thing is , I have installed VC++5 on other machines and have
not had this problem.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Larry Wall

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VC5.0 Help won't start

 What IE do you have?

Scot

Quote:
>I just install VC++5.0 on my NT Server 4.0 machine and when I try to
>search for something in online help, I get:

>An unexpected error has occurred. Restart Internet explorer, and try
>again.

>It then trys to save a file called blank.htm to my bin directory.

>The strange thing is , I have installed VC++5 on other machines and have
>not had this problem.

>Any ideas on how to correct this?

>Larry Wall

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VC5.0 Help won't start

Larry,

You need the latest version of IE to read the help file.

Charles Steinhardt[MVP]

Tue, 07 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC5 Help won't show up

2. Help please - Dialog-based app won't start - Acc Vio C0000005 - VC 5 - Win200

3. Help: start win .exe from win .exe

4. VC5 ClassWizard -- Add class won't do it from a file

5. VC5 Release won't build!!!

6. VC5 Release won't build!!!

7. VC5 ClassWizard -- Add class won't do it from a file

8. Service sometimes won't automatically start on Windows2000

9. When compiler won't start from IDE...

10. ATL Object Wizard won't start

11. ATL Object Wizard won't start

12. eVC++ won't start!