Specify fonts in CFontDialog
Author Message
 Specify fonts in CFontDialog

Quote:
>My MFC program is used to create a program that is downloaded to
>another device.  There is a fixed set of truetype (and other) fonts on
>this system.  How would I (if possible) create a CFontDialog with a
>list of fonts specified by me, rather than listing all the truetype
>fonts available.

Alex,

As far as I know, there's no way of achieving this (easily) with the
common font dialog, so I'd recommend that you roll your own dialog to
do specifically what you want.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:41:33 GMT
 Specify fonts in CFontDialog

Quote:

> >My MFC program is used to create a program that is downloaded to
> >another device.  There is a fixed set of truetype (and other) fonts on
> >this system.  How would I (if possible) create a CFontDialog with a
> >list of fonts specified by me, rather than listing all the truetype
> >fonts available.

> Alex,

> As far as I know, there's no way of achieving this (easily) with the
> common font dialog, so I'd recommend that you roll your own dialog to
> do specifically what you want.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Check out http://www.codeguru.com/gdi/HotFontCombo.html - I have used it
and it works very well.  After you call the hotfontcombo initialization
method, you could step thru the combo box list items and delete the ones
you don't want.

--
Patrick Goupell

http://www.tax-gate.com
http://www.nite.org

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:53:54 GMT

1. CFontDialog sets initial font color to black

2. CFontDialog shows 60 point font that was initiaized to 12 point Times Roman

3. Updating CEdit's font via CFontDialog

4. Q:CFontDialog choosing displayed fonts?

5. Setting font size in CFontDialog

6. Set font size in CFontDialog

7. Set font size in CFontDialog

8. CFontDialog and Font Questions

9. CRichEditCtrl & CFontDialog font sizes screwed up

10. Q: Getting selected font from CFontDialog

11. Specifying the font for an edit box

12. Q: How to obtain the font info specified for desktop icons