Detect when mouse hovers above toolbar button
Author Message
 Detect when mouse hovers above toolbar button

Whats wrong with OnMouseMove()?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:
> Hi, I need to detect when the mouse hovers above a button
> on my toolbar. I tried creating the toolbar with the flag
> TBN_REGISTERDROP and adding a notification handler like
> this: ON_NOTIFY( TBN_GETOBJECT, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, foo ).
> However, foo() is never called. I tried this both in the
> parent and in the toolbar class itself (I derived a new
> class from CToolBar). What is the correct way to detect
> when the mouse hovers over a toolbar button?

> // R Whitmore

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:36:28 GMT
 Detect when mouse hovers above toolbar button

Quote:

Generating the list CRects containing the button
coordinates would be troublesome. When is TBN_GETOBJECT
generated and where do I catch it?

// R Whitmore

Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:53:12 GMT
 Detect when mouse hovers above toolbar button
I have no idea what you mean. What are you trying to do when mouse move is
detected?

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Quote:

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:37:49 GMT
 Detect when mouse hovers above toolbar button

Quote:

message

>> button
>> flag
like
foo ).
the
new
detect

>> >.

>> Generating the list CRects containing the button
>> coordinates would be troublesome. When is TBN_GETOBJECT
>> generated and where do I catch it?

>> // R Whitmore

>.

Display "prompt text" on my status bar. I am not using the
frame work so I have to duplicate that functionality. For
menus it's easy, just handle OnMenuSelect().

// R. Whitmore

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:19:07 GMT

1. Detect when mouse hovers above button

2. Detecting when mouse hovers above menu item

3. Help: Detect when right button is clicked above a button

4. How to detect mouse hover hyperlink?

5. Hovering over toolbar button causes stack overflow

6. Button colour & Detecting mouse over button

7. Detect the position of a mouse click on a toolbar

8. Detecting wether a mouse button is down.

9. how to detect a mouse over a button?

10. Detecting mouse button double-clicks

11. How to detect other mouse button message?

12. how to detect a mouse over a button?