VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages
Author Message
 VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages

VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages. When put the ATL on my
form and start or want to save it, I get the this error:
Message:
&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecified error

BEGIN_PROPERTY_MAP(CScan)
  // Example entries
  PROP_ENTRY("Property Description", 1, CLSID_NULL)/*TwainProp)*/
  PROP_PAGE(CLSID_StockColorPage)
END_PROPERTY_MAP()

Here's the debug trace:
166: TWAIN: State  -> 1:PRE_SESSION
166: TWAIN: State  -> 1:PRE_SESSION
214: CPamLog() > hr = 00000000CPamLog() entered
214: CPamLog() being left
166: IQuickActivateImpl::QuickActivate
166: IOleObjectImpl::SetClientSite
166: Setting up IOleObject Advise
166: IViewObjectExImpl::SetAdvise
166: Setting up PropNotify CP
166: IOleObjectImpl::GetMiscStatus
166: IViewObjectExImpl::GetViewStatus
166: IOleControlImpl::FreezeEvents
166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::Load
166: CPropertyHelper::PutProperty
166: Invoked failed on DISPID 1
166: IOleObjectImpl::DoVerb
166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::SetObjectRects
166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::SetObjectRects
166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::GetWindow
166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::IsDirty
166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::Save
166: CPropertyHelper::GetProperty
166: Invoked failed on DISPID 1
166: Info: AfxDllCanUnloadNow returning S_OK

The property works with the Active X Control Test Container, but not with VB
5.0

Hints to Thomas

Thanks

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages

Quote:
>VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages. When put the ATL on my
>form and start or want to save it, I get the this error:
>Message:
>&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecified error

Thomas,

Is this perhaps the well know quirk with ATL controls in VB5 - have a
look at your Visual C++ readme on the CD and search for
IQuickActivate.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.

Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00 GMT
 VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages

PRB: ATL Control Causes Access Violation In Visual Basic 5.0
Article ID: Q167340
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q167/3/40.asp

Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

>VB5 does not like my control's custom property pages. When put the ATL on
my
>form and start or want to save it, I get the this error:
>Message:
>&H80004005 (-2147467259) unspecified error

>BEGIN_PROPERTY_MAP(CScan)
>  // Example entries
>  PROP_ENTRY("Property Description", 1, CLSID_NULL)/*TwainProp)*/
>  PROP_PAGE(CLSID_StockColorPage)
>END_PROPERTY_MAP()

>Here's the debug trace:
>166: TWAIN: State  -> 1:PRE_SESSION
>166: TWAIN: State  -> 1:PRE_SESSION
>214: CPamLog() > hr = 00000000CPamLog() entered
>214: CPamLog() being left
>166: IQuickActivateImpl::QuickActivate
>166: IOleObjectImpl::SetClientSite
>166: Setting up IOleObject Advise
>166: IViewObjectExImpl::SetAdvise
>166: Setting up PropNotify CP
>166: IOleObjectImpl::GetMiscStatus
>166: IViewObjectExImpl::GetViewStatus
>166: IOleControlImpl::FreezeEvents
>166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::Load
>166: CPropertyHelper::PutProperty
>166: Invoked failed on DISPID 1
>166: IOleObjectImpl::DoVerb
>166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::SetObjectRects
>166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::SetObjectRects
>166: IOleInPlaceObjectWindowlessImpl::GetWindow
>166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::IsDirty
>166: IPersistStreamInitImpl::Save
>166: CPropertyHelper::GetProperty
>166: Invoked failed on DISPID 1
>166: Info: AfxDllCanUnloadNow returning S_OK

>The property works with the Active X Control Test Container, but not with
VB
>5.0

>Hints to Thomas

>Thanks

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB's mousepointer property not working when set from event of custom ATL control

2. ActiveX (OCX control) - Hierarchical properties and methods do not appear in VB5

3. Can't use complex properties in custom control

4. ActiveX control in ATL property page does not work

5. Controls on property page not getting focus - help

6. Calling Control's property page from a container

7. My activeX control's property page

8. Property Page isn't viewable when containing Common Dialog Control

9. Grid control in property page doesn't work

10. Auto checking in ActiveX control's property page

11. EVC4: Can't access properties/methods on ActiveX control in web page

12. Property Page is not responsed to proper page