Print preview font selection problem
Author Message
 Print preview font selection problem

I have a MDI app which has print preview support in it.

I made my views OnDraw select various fonts to display different bits of
text with and this is ok then its drawing the window, but when I switch
to print preview it crashes on the SelectObject call to set the font.

Anyone have any ideas?

(Also, a call to my documents UpdateAllViews(NULL) doesn't update the
current view after I have changed the font......)

---------------------
        Allan

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Print preview font selection problem

Quote:
> I have a MDI app which has print preview support in it.

> I made my views OnDraw select various fonts to display different bits of
> text with and this is ok then its drawing the window, but when I switch
> to print preview it crashes on the SelectObject call to set the font.

> Anyone have any ideas?

You must post code to have this answered.
One issue is that in print preview OnDraw may be called multiple times with
the same DC. But just post code.

Quote:
> (Also, a call to my documents UpdateAllViews(NULL) doesn't update the
> current view after I have changed the font......)

UpdateAllViews just results in CView::OnUpdate() beeing called. If you do
nothing in there, nothing happens.
You need at least an Invalidate(); in there for the View to be redrawn.

cU
--

                        http://djuga.home.ml.org
Retriever 1.0 is out:   http://retriever.home.ml.org

Shareware image viewer, thumbnailer & database

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CRichEditView:: Font shown in print preview same as screen font

2. Rich Edit Control Printing Problem (like the print preview problem)

3. Print Preview Control and Print Preview Dialog - need some help ASAP

4. Printing/Print preview problem with CRichEditView.

5. Printing / Print Preview problem?

6. CView Printing/Preview Font Question

7. Print/print preview problem W2K vs Win98

8. Newbie Problem with Printing and Print Preview

9. A Printing /Print Preview Problem

10. Print Preview, Zoom and Font Size

11. print preview and printing problem

12. print / print preview problem