ActiveX w/ property sheets - alt+tab problem
Author Message
 ActiveX w/ property sheets - alt+tab problem

I've created an ActiveX control that has a property sheet that's displayed
in the usual way ie

void CTestcontrolCtrl::showpropertysheet()
{
    CMyPropertyPage page;
    CPropertySheet sheet;
    sheet.AddPage( &page );
    sheet.DoModal();

Quote:
}

I then have an SDI MFC app whose view class contains an instance of the above control. When I call
the showpropertysheet method of the control the property page displays as normal, and I can click OK
or Cancel to dismiss it.

However if alt+tab to another app when the property page is visible, then alt+tab back to my app and dismiss
the property page, the property page disappears but my app acts as if it is still there, ie the system beeps if I
try to click on the frame or view. And what's even stranger is that if I try to alt+tab then my app doesn't appear
in the list of applications although according to task manager it's still active and running.

Does anyone have any clues as to what's happening here?

I'm using VC4.1 under NT4 SP4

TIA

Andrew Larcombe

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Property sheets: Changing [tab] to [alt][tab]?

2. Problem with Tab Dialogs(Property Sheet)

3. Problems with tab ctrl in property sheet

4. Q: Set Tab Window Text in Property Page/Property Sheet

5. Disabling Property page tabs in the Property sheet

6. ActiveX Property Pages within client Property Sheet????

7. Property Sheet within a Property Sheet

8. Property sheet from property sheet

9. Q: Property sheet within a property sheet

10. Tabbed Dialog Boxed (Not Property Sheet)

11. Tab Control and Property Sheet

12. Change tab color and background of Property sheet.