Program runs ONCE in 98/ME, works fine in Xp/NT/2000
Author Message
 Program runs ONCE in 98/ME, works fine in Xp/NT/2000

Okie, this is a shot in the dark,

My program works fine in XP/NT/2000, and works fine the FIRST time you run
it in 98/ME... after this first time, it gets LOTS of page faults in Kernel,
as do other programs.  I know this sounds like a memory leak, but I can't
track it down as I'm debugging/coding in XP pro.. in debug mode, no leaks
show up using the exact same steps in XP that apparently cause a leak in
98/ME...

Is there a panacea out there I don't know about?? =)

Mike

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 20:55:32 GMT
 Program runs ONCE in 98/ME, works fine in Xp/NT/2000
If I had to take a wild guess -- you have a mistake somewhere (probably
resource handling) that just happens to work fine under NT but doesn't under
9x/ME.

Quote:

> Okie, this is a shot in the dark,

> My program works fine in XP/NT/2000, and works fine the FIRST time you run
> it in 98/ME... after this first time, it gets LOTS of page faults in
Kernel,
> as do other programs.  I know this sounds like a memory leak, but I can't
> track it down as I'm debugging/coding in XP pro.. in debug mode, no leaks
> show up using the exact same steps in XP that apparently cause a leak in
> 98/ME...

> Is there a panacea out there I don't know about?? =)

> Mike

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:16:06 GMT

1. supporting XP, 2000, NT, and 98

2. strcpy(x, x) works in NT/2000 but not 95/98

3. Win 98 "Invalid Page Fault", works fine on W2K, NT

4. Problems running MDI app on w2k,se platform, works fine on 95, 98, NT4 (wks, see)

5. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

6. GetPrivateProfileSectionNames works in 2000, doesn't work in 98 or ME

7. GetPrivateProfileSectionNames not working in 98 or ME but does work in 2000

8. Different mnemonics behaviour on 95/98 and 2000/XP

9. Hoop Api for XP/2000/98

10. Programming for NT/2000/XP and 9x/ME

11. Is programming windows 98 the same as programming windows 2000

12. Application runs on 2000 but not on 98 or 95