Check for existance of an application.
Author Message
 Check for existance of an application.

Hi,

I have a application which doesn't have proper window name
and class name(So i can't use FindWindow()).Now i want to
check for existance of that application. How can i do that?

Regards
Joe

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:06:18 GMT
 Check for existance of an application.
Are you wanting to check if the associated EXE/DLL exists, or that the
program is actually running?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a application which doesn't have proper window name
> and class name(So i can't use FindWindow()).Now i want to
> check for existance of that application. How can i do that?

> Regards
> Joe

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:49:36 GMT
 Check for existance of an application.
Do you own the code for the application ?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a application which doesn't have proper window name
> and class name(So i can't use FindWindow()).Now i want to
> check for existance of that application. How can i do that?

> Regards
> Joe

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:27:34 GMT
 Check for existance of an application.
Thanks for the reply.
That application was an EXE and it was not done by some
third party.
I had got the solution,by using Enumprocesses() ,
openprocess(),EnumProcessModules () and GetModuleBaseName
(). As i had known the EXE name,it solved my problem.

Quote:

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:27:54 GMT

1. fast file existance check

2. Checking for existance of a directory

3. Quickly checking for a database records existance

4. checking for file existance

5. How could i check DSN existance?

6. Easy method to check the file existance?

7. Fonts - Checking Existance of facename

8. Determining symbol existance at runtime

9. how know existance of a file in a directory on remote machine

10. Finding the existance of a class

11. Dos file existance

12. Window Creation/Dialog Existance