Item count limit to CListCtrl?
Author Message
 Item count limit to CListCtrl?

Hello everyone,

Just a question I could not find an answer to in my books
or other resources:

Is there a limit to the number of items you can insert
into a CListCtrl ?

If there is no limit, I imagine that you are limited by
your system resources (as in everything).  If there is
however some limit, does anyone know what it is?

Thank you,

Robert

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:38:40 GMT
 Item count limit to CListCtrl?

Quote:
>Is there a limit to the number of items you can insert
>into a CListCtrl ?

>If there is no limit, I imagine that you are limited by
>your system resources (as in everything).  If there is
>however some limit, does anyone know what it is?

Robert,

It's likely to be different for NT/9x operating systems. Under Win9x
OS's I'd expect there to be a 32/64K limit on resources - in practice
it'll be substantially less.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:54:00 GMT

1. How to limit item count in list control

2. the count limit of CListCtrl

3. CListCtrl item and sub-item confusion

4. To count # of games/Limit the # of games

5. CListCtrl :Maximum number of items in CListCtrl

6. Counting items in a struct array

7. Windows Forms DataGrid Item Count

8. Counting items in a struct array

9. Item and Count in a COM object

10. List Box item Count change problem

11. Count selected items of CListView while selecting

12. counting unique items in an unsorted array