How to set default application icon?
Author Message
 How to set default application icon?

In the resouce editor when you're editing the IDR_MAINFRAME icon, select
the 16x16 device in the combo box above.  Basically the icon shown in the
start menu is the 16x16 icon that you will have to change to suit your app.
 All icon resources have 2 sizes and you just changed one of them.  I asked
the same question about a month or so ago and I'm new at this stuff so it's
nice to see I could finally answer a question! :)

--
Scott Juranek

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~sjuranek

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 How to set default application icon?

Quote:

>Folks,

>I have an MFC application.  When I create a shortcut to the application
>the icon I want to see appears correctly in the shortcut.  However, if
>I look at it via the start button or with Windows Explorer, I see the
>standard MFC icon appear instead.  How can I override this particular
>icon?

>Thanks in advance!

Jeff...go into the resource editor and select the icon you use for
your mainframe. Within the icon you will actually have TWO icons - one
is 32x32 (you've changed it as this is the Start Menu icon) and the
other is 16x16 (this is the one you missed - it's used in explorer
views and the taskbar). Be sure to check all you other icons, too.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
>--
>Jeff Domogala

>NETIS Public Access Internet

73, Karl - WK5M

Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting the default program icon

2. Default icon setting with user defined file extension

3. Console Applications ran from service have default icons???

4. Application default icon

5. How to replace default application icon with my own

6. How to change the default application icon

7. Setting the Default Font in an Application

8. Setting New Default Printer for Application

9. Setting application Icon in VC++ .Net : how?

10. How to set the application icon.

11. Setting an Application Icon in VC++ .Net

12. Setting application's icon