CListCtrl and SetItemText
Author Message
 CListCtrl and SetItemText

Hi folks,
i've got a big problem with this.
I am a vc newbie.. so, let's start.
I am running a dialog based application with a listview control (in
report mode). In the beginning there are inserted columns and the list
is filled via insertitem(&listitem).
Now i wanted to change items in the list, so i used setitemtext.
Well, nothing happens on the screen. Interesting is, when doing a
getitemtext on the updated field, i get the NEW value i set with
setitemtext. So the problem seems to be, that the list isn't "rebuilt"
after the setitemtext.
So, could you please tell me how to tell the list, that i updated its
contents? Where is this set? in LVN_ITEMCHANGED ?

Please help, i am completely stuck.

Danijel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CListCtrl and SetItemText

Quote:

>Hi folks,
>i've got a big problem with this.
>I am a vc newbie.. so, let's start.
>I am running a dialog based application with a listview control (in
>report mode). In the beginning there are inserted columns and the list
>is filled via insertitem(&listitem).
>Now i wanted to change items in the list, so i used setitemtext.
>Well, nothing happens on the screen. Interesting is, when doing a
>getitemtext on the updated field, i get the NEW value i set with
>setitemtext. So the problem seems to be, that the list isn't "rebuilt"
>after the setitemtext.
>So, could you please tell me how to tell the list, that i updated its
>contents? Where is this set? in LVN_ITEMCHANGED ?

Calling SetItemText should take care of it.  Since there seems to be a
problem, try calling CListCtrl::UpdateItem() on the item after you've
changed the text.

--
Chip
"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)

2. CListCtrl::SetItemText( ) problem

3. probelm with CListCtrl::SetItemText

4. When CListCtrl::SetItemText will not set the text

5. CListCtrl difference InsertItem() and SetItemText(0,...)

6. Need help with CListCtrl.SetItemText()

7. CListCtrl.SetItemText()

8. When CListCtrl::SetItemText will not set the text

9. List Control LVS_SORTASCENDING and SetItemText

10. using SetItemText to print a CString

11. SetItemText Not Working In CListView::OnUpdate

12. SetItemText doesn't work in CListView::OnUpdate