Subclassing the header control inside list control
Author Message
 Subclassing the header control inside list control

Hi,

I have created a new class with a base class of CListCtrl. Within the
class I am subclassing the header control to a CHeaderCtrlEx class
(derived from CHeaderCtrl) so that I can trap all the DrawItem messages.
This is so I can draw arrows on the toolbar to indicate by which column
I am sorting.

Both of these controls are ownerdrawn and they work perfectly in our SDI
application views. The problems arise when we are trying to use them in
a modal dialog box. The list control continues to receive the DrawItem
message but the header control doesn't, therefore not displaying the
arrows.

I have tried to trap ON_WM_DRAWITEM_REFLECT in the header control
message map to try and force the message to pass thorugh but to no
avail.

Please can someone tell me where this message is going and how I can get
hold of it!

Thanks in advance.

Anthony Rider
Rebus Insurance Systems Ltd, UK

Tue, 09 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Subclassing the header control inside list control

You may not be Subclassing in the proper place. Did you trace in de{*filter*} to
see you Subclassing is indeed taking place in case of Modal dialog.

Try the sample code in www.codeguru.com
In case you have any difficulty send me a email I will send you a sample
code.

Ravi

Quote:

>Hi,

Wed, 10 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Want to handle massages of header list control of list control

2. Want to handle massages of header list control of list control

3. List control - Not getting notification of header control

4. How do I get message from Header control inside of listview

5. Help:ACIVEX controls- subclassing Windows Control

6. putting controls inside a list box

7. How to implement combo box inside of list control

8. how to let the list control display headers?

9. Adding Bitmaps to the header of a List View control without MFC

10. List Control - Hiding Column Headers

11. How to add headers to the list control?

12. how to let the list control display headers?