Using DAO to access 2000
Author Message
 Using DAO to access 2000

I just compiled the DAOVIEW MFC sample only to find that The
DAODatabase object can't seem to access 2000 DB formats.  Can anyone
verify this, if so what is the simplest workaround for porting code
using that class so that it will work ?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:46:47 GMT
 Using DAO to access 2000
It has been my experience with prior employers that you
convert the Access database to a prior version (Access 97).

To do this, you would open MS-Access, open the Tools Menu,
Convert Database, To Prior Version (To Access 97 File
Format on Access 2002). Select the database and a name for
the converted database.

Is this sufficient?

Quote:

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:08:02 GMT
 Using DAO to access 2000
Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q236991

Quote:
> I just compiled the DAOVIEW MFC sample only to find that The
> DAODatabase object can't seem to access 2000 DB formats.  Can anyone
> verify this, if so what is the simplest workaround for porting code
> using that class so that it will work ?

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 04:02:39 GMT
 Using DAO to access 2000
Hello,

You may refer this article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q236991

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Max
==========================

--------------------

Quote:

>>Subject: Using DAO to access 2000

>>It has been my experience with prior employers that you
>>convert the Access database to a prior version (Access 97).

>>To do this, you would open MS-Access, open the Tools Menu,
>>Convert Database, To Prior Version (To Access 97 File
>>Format on Access 2002). Select the database and a name for
>>the converted database.

>>Is this sufficient?

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:47:25 GMT
 Using DAO to access 2000

Quote:

> Take a look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q236991

> > I just compiled the DAOVIEW MFC sample only to find that The
> > DAODatabase object can't seem to access 2000 DB formats.  Can anyone
> > verify this, if so what is the simplest workaround for porting code
> > using that class so that it will work ?

I added one line of code and everything works fine now.  Thanks.

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 04:04:55 GMT

1. Solutions for using DAO on Access 2000 (Y2K)

2. Problem accessing Access 2000 database using DAO. - URGENT

3. How to read Access 2000/2002 DB using VC++ 6 and DAO

4. DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000

5. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

6. version 6 of MS VC++ and Access 2000 using dao

7. Accessing Access 2000 via DAO

8. how to use DAO to access ACCESS 2000

9. Accessing an Ms Access 2000 Query using VC++, via ODBC

10. access 2000 with dao

11. how to open ms access 2000 mdb via vc++ and dao

12. DAO & Access 2000