??? ASSERT
Author Message
 ??? ASSERT

Hello ALL,

    I upgrade my VC++ with service pak 5.
My problem is that my program will not stop
on ASSERT(0)'s . I have compiled it in debug mode
with optimizations disabled and to include debug info.
It was working a while ago but will no longer stop when an ASSERT(0) is
encountered.  The TRACE command is also not
working. I have enabled the tracing but without success.
The program is actually a DLL.
Any ideas ????

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:35:14 GMT
 ??? ASSERT
Make sure you have _DEBUG symbol defined.

Quote:
> Hello ALL,

>     I upgrade my VC++ with service pak 5.
> My problem is that my program will not stop
> on ASSERT(0)'s . I have compiled it in debug mode
> with optimizations disabled and to include debug info.
> It was working a while ago but will no longer stop when an ASSERT(0) is
> encountered.  The TRACE command is also not
> working. I have enabled the tracing but without success.
> The program is actually a DLL.
> Any ideas ????

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:34:42 GMT
 ??? ASSERT
Yes, I was just looking at that. It seems for some reason I
can't remember I changed the define to NDEBUG ???

Quote:
> Make sure you have _DEBUG symbol defined.

> > Hello ALL,

> >     I upgrade my VC++ with service pak 5.
> > My problem is that my program will not stop
> > on ASSERT(0)'s . I have compiled it in debug mode
> > with optimizations disabled and to include debug info.
> > It was working a while ago but will no longer stop when an ASSERT(0) is
> > encountered.  The TRACE command is also not
> > working. I have enabled the tracing but without success.
> > The program is actually a DLL.
> > Any ideas ????

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:18:40 GMT
 ??? ASSERT
I just found this on another newsgroup

"NDEBUG is something that *you* define (or not) to control the
side-effects of the macros in <assert.h>.  There is no correlation
between that and any other option."

So sounds like you could define both of them if you need to. I would
definitely not take _DEBUG off the list.

Douglas Sutherland'

Quote:
> Yes, I was just looking at that. It seems for some reason I
> can't remember I changed the define to NDEBUG ???

> > Make sure you have _DEBUG symbol defined.

> > > Hello ALL,

> > >     I upgrade my VC++ with service pak 5.
> > > My problem is that my program will not stop
> > > on ASSERT(0)'s . I have compiled it in debug mode
> > > with optimizations disabled and to include debug info.
> > > It was working a while ago but will no longer stop when an ASSERT(0)
is
> > > encountered.  The TRACE command is also not
> > > working. I have enabled the tracing but without success.
> > > The program is actually a DLL.
> > > Any ideas ????

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:20:49 GMT

1. _ASSERT, assert, ASSERT and ATLASSERT

2. Difference between assert and ASSERT?

3. ASSERT and assert

4. Difference between assert and ASSERT?

5. CPropertySheet Asserting but no Assert Dialog Box

6. ASSERT vs. assert()

7. Debug.Assert in MC++

8. DEBUG ASSERT Error????

9. Handling assert's

10. ASSERT in CString::Mid() when porting from VC6 to VC7

11. CStringT::LoadString() causes assert; KB150764 not helpful

12. VC++7.0 DLL assert error