Getting an Add-in's Toolbar to appear when the Add-In is installed
Author Message
 Getting an Add-in's Toolbar to appear when the Add-In is installed

I have written an Add-In for Developer Studio and when I install it on new
machines, I would like to have the new toolbar visible the next time
Developer Studio is started.  I don't want the user to have to go to
"Tools", "Customize", and then click the "Add-Ins" tab to select the add in
before the toolbar is visible.

I have tried to track down the registry entries in which Developer Studio
stores the information about the state of the toolbars.  Taking a snapshot
of the entire machine before and after changing the toolbars results in the
following files being changed:

...Program Files\DevStudio\SharedIDE\help\bookmark.bin
...Program Files\DevStudio\SharedIDE\help\subsets.bin

and a couple of registry entries.

I'm not sure which one of these changes are the result of the toolbar(s)
changing.  Since the registry entries and the .bin files are just binary
data, I'm not sure what I need to modify to get my new toolbars to show up.
Has anyone been successful in getting this to work?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Mike Dion

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting an Add-in's Toolbar to appear when the Add-In is installed

2. Add SDK...doesn't appear in as option in existing eVC 4.0 proj

3. Adding columns to ListView after it's been added to a form

4. Add a button to the explorer's toolbar

5. Cant' add toolbar with ResourceView

6. add toolbar button to IE's menu bar

7. Listbox items not appearing in the order they were added

8. Don't understand why I am getting the C2236 error

9. Installing Add-In Icons

10. Installing Add-Ins in DevStudio 5.0

11. How to add HELP COMMAND when install service

12. Installing Add-In Icons