Creating property sheet within a dialog
Author Message
 Creating property sheet within a dialog

Is there a way to create a property sheet at a specified location *within* a
dialog box? I need to have a dialog box with some controls AND a property
sheet.

I know that a tab control would be a way to do it, but I wonder if anyone
out there knows how to make property sheets work that way. It would save me
the grunt work associated with tab controls.

Thanks,
Aspi

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating property sheet within a dialog

Quote:
>Is there a way to create a property sheet at a specified location *within* a
>dialog box? I need to have a dialog box with some controls AND a property
>sheet.

Aspi,

As you're using MFC there's a cunning technique you can use where you
can put a modeless property sheet (and its pages) into a dialog box.
The sheet stays invisible so the appearance is that the property pages
appear in the dialog along with controls from the main dialog.

Have a look at the snapvw sample with VC 5. It uses a view window, but
the same technique works in a dialog too.

I've added an invisible static control to the main dialog box, then in
OnInitDialog I find the position of the static control and create the
property sheet in that position, that allows me some degree of
designing the position of the pages in the main dialog from the dialog
editor.

Dave
----
Remove ".---" for the real address.

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Property Sheet within a Property Sheet

2. Q: Property sheet within a property sheet

3. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page

4. Property sheet within a dialog

5. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page

6. Displaying a modal dialog from within a property sheet/page Located in DLL

7. Resizing Property Sheets within a Dialog box

8. ActiveX Property Pages within client Property Sheet????

9. How to create a property sheet dialog box

10. Possible to create property sheets without dialog templates???

11. Creating Property Sheets and Property Pages w/o the Class Wizard

12. Property sheet from property sheet