Problem producing rtf file for help project
Author Message
 Problem producing rtf file for help project

How can I produce a rtf-file that can be read by the MS help workshop?

Using "Write" I can't produe foot notes as reqired for the links and there
are no page breaks.
Using "Word" the files is said to be corrupted.

Is there a good editor? Or is sth going very wrong?

Mirko

Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem producing rtf file for help project
I strongly favor help authoring tools like ForeHelp or RoboHelp. One
very short help file using those weird footnote notations convinced me
that this is not something I ever wanted to do again.
                                        joe

On Sun, 30 May 1999 02:52:58 +0200, "MEB"

Quote:

>How can I produce a rtf-file that can be read by the MS help workshop?

>Using "Write" I can't produe foot notes as reqired for the links and there
>are no page breaks.
>Using "Word" the files is said to be corrupted.

>Is there a good editor? Or is sth going very wrong?

>Mirko

Joseph M. Newcomer

http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem producing rtf file for help project
MEB D??? ???Y?? ...

Quote:
>Using "Write" I can't produe foot notes as reqired for the links and
there
>are no page breaks.
>Using "Word" the files is said to be corrupted.

    The Word 6/95 is quite well as my practice showes.
But you'll lose not one day hookink niceties of tags and hidden
directives generating a hill of errors.
If you don't want to care it, write your help on htm. It's many faster
and
much more comfortable, especially hyperlinks.

--

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling Help Files (.RTF file problem)

2. Help with help files--RTF problem

3. Creating windows help files : Help Workshop finds errors in RTF file outside my control (Word97)

4. emVC 3.0 DLL project does not produce .lib file

5. read a file than produce 2 output files(HELP)

6. read a file than produce 2 output files(HELP)

7. OSP (Operating System Project) HELP HELP HELP HELP (files module)

8. Help: Project file problem in VC++ 5.0

9. Embeded WMF inside a RTF file (format problem)

10. Problems WinHelp RTF files

11. Problem with CRichEditDoc/view and opening *.rtf files.

12. Problems WinHelp RTF files