ActiveX -Control in MFC-App
Author Message
 ActiveX -Control in MFC-App

Hi,

I have a problem with an ActiveX-Control embeded in my
MFC-App.
On the developing machine the program runs just fine. The same
is true for any machine wihch has Visual C++ installed but
not for machines which don't.
It is the CreateControl() call  which returns FALSE on the later
and TRUE on the former machines.
So I think the I have to copy some .ocx or .dll files to the target
machine and maybe do some registry editing...

I hope someone can help!

Matthias

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX -Control in MFC-App

Looks like you have not installed the control you are using in your
application on the other machines. So, Read the redist.wri or redist.htm (i
forget which) about the set you need to redistribute with an MFC app to get
an idea of what you need to install on target machines. Along with that, if
you are using any controls, copy them to the target machine  and register
them (regsvr32 <path of the ocx>\<name of ocx>.ocx ) .
After this, your program should work..

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP]

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a problem with an ActiveX-Control embeded in my
>MFC-App.
>On the developing machine the program runs just fine. The same
>is true for any machine wihch has Visual C++ installed but
>not for machines which don't.
>It is the CreateControl() call  which returns FALSE on the later
>and TRUE on the former machines.
>So I think the I have to copy some .ocx or .dll files to the target
>machine and maybe do some registry editing...

>I hope someone can help!

>Matthias

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. cannot instantiate an activex control in mfc dialog based app

2. How to save an ActiveX Control in a MFC app

3. Model MFC App inside ActiveX Control and ToopTips

4. ActiveX control not being resized in an MFC app

5. add a ActiveX control to a MFC app.

6. Associate MFC wrapper to An MFC ActiveX control to control

7. Developing mfc activex control and using ActiveX SDK-question

8. Open Control panel app (*.cpl) from MFC app?

9. Control webbrowser ActiveX control in composit ActiveX control

10. ATL(+MFC) Composite control VS MFC ActiveX Contol

11. Using an MFC Extension DLL from an MFC ActiveX Control

12. Using the MFC ActiveX Control Wizard instead of the MFC AppWizard (exe)