Property page does not show underline
Author Message
 Property page does not show underline

I designed a property carefully and every static text item has made a & so
one letter should be underlined. However, it just disappear at run time. Any
ideas? I use VS6.0 and sp6

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:27:26 GMT
 Property page does not show underline

Quote:
> I designed a property carefully and every static text item has made a
& so
> one letter should be underlined. However, it just disappear at run
time. Any
> ideas? I use VS6.0 and sp6

Win2k and WinXP (maybe others) have a feature that hides underlines and
focus indicators until the ALT key is pressed or in some situations the
keyboard is used (tabbing between controls or using the keyboard to
invoke the dialog). Could this be what's happening here?
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:35:57 GMT
 Property page does not show underline
Thank you for pointing out. Yes that is the case. But I do not like this
feature; is it possible to show the underline anyway?

Quote:

> > I designed a property carefully and every static text item has made a
> & so
> > one letter should be underlined. However, it just disappear at run
> time. Any
> > ideas? I use VS6.0 and sp6

> Win2k and WinXP (maybe others) have a feature that hides underlines and
> focus indicators until the ALT key is pressed or in some situations the
> keyboard is used (tabbing between controls or using the keyboard to
> invoke the dialog). Could this be what's happening here?
> --
> Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:13:43 GMT
 Property page does not show underline

Quote:
> Thank you for pointing out. Yes that is the case. But I do not like
this
> feature; is it possible to show the underline anyway?

No promises, but I believe that you can  -- from inside your
WM_INITDIALOG handler, PostMessage yourself a WM_UPDATEUISTATE with the
WPARAM set to MAKEWPARAM(UIS_CLEAR, UISF_HIDEACCEL).
--
Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP]

Thu, 13 Oct 2005 02:23:53 GMT
 Property page does not show underline

Quote:
> I designed a property carefully and every static text item has made a & so
> one letter should be underlined. However, it just disappear at run time.
Any
> ideas? I use VS6.0 and sp6

This is a system wide setting in Windows 2K, XP etc.

Open Control Panel - Disply - Effects. Uncheck the last checkbox.

It is called "Hide keyboard navigation indicators intil I use the Alt key"
and is activated by default on installation.

This should do the trick.

Tim Holst Petersen.

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:11:21 GMT

1. Property Page not Showing in VB

2. Mnemonic underlines not showing in menu times.

3. Property Page is not responsed to proper page

4. Showing one's property pages

5. MSChart show property pages problem

6. How To Show A Dialog Box in a Property Page

7. Property Pages in a Property Page

8. Property Sheet shows first page active

9. Adding property pages dynamically don't show up

10. Show wait cursor while property page loads verrrrry slowlyyyyy

11. Showing an ATL object's property page

12. UserControl does not show on running form and properies do not show