Windows 98 vs Windows NT
Author Message
 Windows 98 vs Windows NT

Problem:  Application runs fine in NT (debug or release) with no
warnings or errors.  Application fails in Win98 when repainting the
ChildView multiple times (OnPaint) and I receive repeated errors in
debug mode (First chance exceptions in Kernel32 0xC0000005 and
uncaught exceptions in WindowProc (returning 0)).  DLL MSVCRTD
complaints.

Researched memory leaks--show none.  Verified all coordinates are
within the -+32k limit of 16-bit systems.  Deallocating all GDI
objects in device context.  Not using anything else mentioned in the
docs regarding OS differences.

Have stripped app down but still have the problem and have not found a
cure for over a week.  Any ideas of what to look at next?  Anyone
willing to look at an app?

Regards,
Craig C.

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 vs Windows NT
More info? Getting any ASSERTs on Win98?
A quick guess is that something is eating resources, where NT allows for far
more than 98. It should not be anything 'illegal' as such - NT would explode
while 98 would happily continue. What call(s) in the paint handler trigger
the exceptions? Are you error checking all GDI calls?

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Quote:
> Problem:  Application runs fine in NT (debug or release) with no
> warnings or errors.  Application fails in Win98 when repainting the
> ChildView multiple times (OnPaint) and I receive repeated errors in
> debug mode (First chance exceptions in Kernel32 0xC0000005 and
> uncaught exceptions in WindowProc (returning 0)).  DLL MSVCRTD
> complaints.

> Researched memory leaks--show none.  Verified all coordinates are
> within the -+32k limit of 16-bit systems.  Deallocating all GDI
> objects in device context.  Not using anything else mentioned in the
> docs regarding OS differences.

> Have stripped app down but still have the problem and have not found a
> cure for over a week.  Any ideas of what to look at next?  Anyone
> willing to look at an app?

> Regards,
> Craig C.

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 vs Windows NT
Maybe BoundChecker will help?
Avail at www.numega.com

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL loading (Windows NT vs Windows 98)

2. Windows 98 Windows NT Visual C++ V1.52 and low level graphics

3. Getting MAC Address in WIndows 98 and NT/2000/NT

4. COM in Windows NT 4 vs. Windows 2000

5. CWebBrowser thread debug results (Windows 95 vs Windows NT)

6. Need to factor in Windows 98/NT differences?

7. I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

8. DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98

9. Problems with Windows NT/98 programming

10. I need help with audio control under Windows 98/NT

11. changing system's time zone in Windows 98 and NT

12. Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?