how can I handle UNICODE files with ReadString ?
Author Message
 how can I handle UNICODE files with ReadString ?

I want to read/write line by line a UNICODE format saved text file. But ReadString and WriteString functions did not seem to work!

Regards,

Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:02:04 GMT
 how can I handle UNICODE files with ReadString ?
I am obliged to code my own :( .

with int WideCharToMultiByte(
   UINT uCodePage,
   DWORD dwFlags,
   PCWSTR pWideCharStr,
   int cchWideChar,
   PSTR pMultiByteStr,
   int cchMultiByte,
   PCSTR pDefaultChar,
   PBOOL pfUsedDefaultChar);

but there are a few redundancies in UNICODE format. Is this a special format
spesific to Microsoft or a problem with WideCharToMultiByte?

eg. The first byte is resundant, and a few of the last bytes may be
redundant. Indeed this may help to IsTextUnicode(...) function. But I could
not find a formal documentation...

I want to read/write line by line a UNICODE format saved text file. But
ReadString and WriteString functions did not seem to work!

Regards,

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:08:25 GMT

1. Newbie, unicode, CInternetSession, Readstring returns garbage..

2. Newbie, unicode, CInternetSession, Readstring returns garbage..

3. Reading Unicode with CStdioFile ReadString

4. UNICODE file handling - possible bug

6. HELP : How to handles Unicode BSTR in an ActiveX (see my tries in my message)

7. DDX_Text doesn't handle Unicode?

8. I need CRichEditCtrl to handle Unicode

9. HELP : How to handles Unicode BSTR in an ActiveX (see my tries in my message)

10. Determining what canned preprocessor symbols are available

11. Help with compiling a "canned" program

12. Canned Dialogs