Convert SDI app in dll - how ?
Author Message
 Convert SDI app in dll - how ?

Hello everybody,

I would like to convert a sdi application ( which uses doc/view ) into a dll
in order to be able to call the mainframe from a vb-app for example. After
trying many thing I did not manage it to get a working solution : one time
the sdi-frame crashes on closing the frame or I got several memory leaks.

Can anybody give me a hint how to achive this ? Only goal I have to reach is
that I have a kind of "application" ( or whatever ) in a dll which supports
the document/view model ( without re-coding everything by hand ). This thing
must be able to be called from vb.

thanks in advance,
marc

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert SDI app in dll - how ?
What a horrible idea. I can see potentialy loads of problems with this
approach. Why not create a VC++ automation server
that can be called from a VB automation client ?

Quote:

>Hello everybody,

>I would like to convert a sdi application ( which uses doc/view ) into a
dll
>in order to be able to call the mainframe from a vb-app for example. After
>trying many thing I did not manage it to get a working solution : one time
>the sdi-frame crashes on closing the frame or I got several memory leaks.

>Can anybody give me a hint how to achive this ? Only goal I have to reach
is
>that I have a kind of "application" ( or whatever ) in a dll which supports
>the document/view model ( without re-coding everything by hand ). This
thing
>must be able to be called from vb.

>thanks in advance,
>marc

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert SDI app in dll - how ?

Robert,

Quote:
> What a horrible idea. I can see potentialy loads of problems with this

Well, I guess you are right ;-). After long research in
deja, there does not seem to be a way with reasonable
effort; I found quite a few topics where people had the same
ideas as I had, but non of them figured out a working
solution.

Quote:
> approach. Why not create a VC++ automation server
> that can be called from a VB automation client ?

That might be an alternative... I'll have a look at it
tomorrow at the job.

--
Marc Scherwinski
Touchstone Developments

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help converting a console app to windows app with a DLL

2. Converting an App from SDI to MDI?

3. How to convert Wizard made SDI app to Application with NO Document

4. Convert existing mfc app from MDI to SDI

5. CONVERT MY SDI TO DLL??

6. SDI app Multiple views in DLLs

7. SDI App in DLL

8. About converting Console App to DLL

9. Converting MFC MDI App to DLL (Experts, please)

10. Trying to convert MFC App to MFC DLL

11. Convert MFC app to a DLL.

12. Converting MFC app to use MFC250 dll