Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 : Project build problem.
Author Message
 Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 : Project build problem.

Hello All.  I recently purchased the SAMs book (and accompanying CD-ROM
software) "Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days (ISBN# 0-672-31403-7)

The software, sample code, tutorials and exams installed fine on the
G:\ (additional internal drive) drive of my NT Workstation. Yet
following instructions in the book, I tried to build an application
using MFC Wizard with the following options:

* dialog based
* 3D Controls
* MFC Standard
* generate source comments: YES
* as a shared DLL

I keep getting the following error...

G:\davej\programming\TYVCin21\SOURCE\MyFirst\MyFirst.rc(10)

fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

Now this would seem to be straightforward to someone with experience
using this software. But I am not. I checked as to where this header
file is located. It is in

G:\davej\programming\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Mfc\Include\

the resource file that references said header file is generated by
the developer studio and the offending line (10) has the following

#include "afxres.h"

Does anyone have any idea why it is not finding this header file ?
I assume the lack of angle brackets is put there because the header file
is not in the same tree as my source ( the only common directories
being G:\davej\programming\ )

The installation program put these files in their locations
automatically. So I am at a loss as to what to do to make the
application work.

feedback is always appreciated.

david

Thu, 28 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 : Project build problem.
You may have some sucess by adding the following to the list of includes

G:\davej\programming\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Mfc\Include\

This is done from the IDE under the menu Tools -> Options -> Directories Add
the new directory here.

Advertisers using spambots, please don't send to the following addresses:

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Visual C++ v6.0 : Project build problem.
You are right to assume that the missing <> brackets are the culprit.
magid

Quote:
>I keep getting the following error...

>G:\davej\programming\TYVCin21\SOURCE\MyFirst\MyFirst.rc(10)

>fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'

>I assume the lack of angle brackets is put there because the header >file

is not in the same tree as my source

Fri, 06 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems using a dll built with Microsoft Visual C++ version 4.0

2. Problem building a AppWizard Dll project in Visual C++ 5.0

3. Visual C++ .NET coexisting with Visual C++ v6.0 SP5

4. Visual C++ .NET coexisting with Visual C++ v6.0 SP5

5. Building a Pro*C project in Microsoft Visual C++.Net

6. Microsoft Visual Studio.NET V.S. Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

7. Looking for Microsoft Visual c++ 4.0 or a earlier Microsoft c/c++ compiler

8. linker warning when building a project from v5.0 to v6.0

9. help: C++ builder v3.0 Pro or Visual C++ v6.0 Pro

10. Visual C++ fails building my ATL project

11. How does one select the Sub-Project Build in Visual C++ 6.0

12. Building a project from command line in Visual C++ 5.0