Challenge: Subclassing another application
Author Message
 Challenge: Subclassing another application

Hello,

I'm subclassing the main window of another application by putting a hook on
WH_GETMESSAGE and hooking my DLL into that other application. Tried this
method with a regular DLL but it did not work. Tried the method with an
extension DLL and it works!

However, it's out of whack with the resources. The afxgetinstancehandle,
afxgetmainwnd, afxgetapp all return NULL. I can't create any resources such
as toolbar etc. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I can overcome this?

Colin.

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Challenge: print a text file from an application

2. Subclassing the procedure belonging to a dialog of another application

3. Subclassing a window in another application?

4. Subclassing a 3rd party application?!?

5. Q: subclassing windows in other application

6. Challenge/Help VB.NET VC++.NET VC++6.0

7. Challenging Problem

8. Language Lawyer Challenge

9. Challenge

10. Macro use challenge