CEdit Modify Message Notification
Author Message
 CEdit Modify Message Notification

What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
Button.

Thanks,

Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:37:28 GMT
 CEdit Modify Message Notification
Subclass it and look for WM_SETTEXT.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
> control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
> with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
> the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
> Button.

> Thanks,

> Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:50:19 GMT
 CEdit Modify Message Notification
Thanks Ajay, but that's not an option.  The dialog is in a Resource DLL, so
I cannot subclass the item.  Is it still possible to use the WM_SETTEXT
message for my purpose?

Thanks,

Brad

Quote:

> Subclass it and look for WM_SETTEXT.

> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
> > control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
> > with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
> > the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
> > Button.

> > Thanks,

> > Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:45:56 GMT
 CEdit Modify Message Notification
EN_CHANGE

TFM3

Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

Quote:
> What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
> control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
> with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
> the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
> Button.

> Thanks,

> Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:48:36 GMT
 CEdit Modify Message Notification
OHHHH Yeah,  I forgot what it was....

Thanks,

Brad

Quote:

> EN_CHANGE

> TFM3

> Note: Spam-resistant e-mail address

> > What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
> > control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
> > with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
> > the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
> > Button.

> > Thanks,

> > Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:49:19 GMT
 CEdit Modify Message Notification
That can be done regardless of where the resource is. EN_CHANGE is probably
more appropriate for this.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

Quote:
> Thanks Ajay, but that's not an option.  The dialog is in a Resource DLL,
so
> I cannot subclass the item.  Is it still possible to use the WM_SETTEXT
> message for my purpose?

> Thanks,

> Brad

> > Subclass it and look for WM_SETTEXT.

> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]

> > Note: Please post all replies to newsgroup only.

> > > What is the message sent when someone changes the text in a CEdit
> > > control?  I have a CEdit control in a property page not created 100%
> > > with the wizard and I need to add a handler that will be notified when
> > > the user changes the text so I can tell the Sheet to enable the Apply
> > > Button.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Brad

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:48:31 GMT

1. Dynamic CEdits notifications

2. Notification when CEdit box is full

3. WM_PAINT notification for CEdit controls

4. notification from CEdit to parent.

5. Modified clipboard functions in CEdit

6. Modifying the Edit Styles of a derived CEdit class

7. Modify CEdit window in another APP

8. How to modify context menu of CEdit control?

9. Modifying CEdit style after creation...

10. Modifying CEdit to act like a field in Access

11. CEdit - Modifying alignment after creation !!!???

12. Capturing common control notification messages