Lost ClassView information file
Author Message
 Lost ClassView information file

I'm using Visual C++ 5.0
For no apparent reason I've lost the ClassView information file.  What
might've caused this? How can I get it back?

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lost ClassView information file
Hi Robert,

I don't have a clue what might have caused it, but it sometimes happens )-:
As far as i know, a new one should be created if it's gone.  Maybe it's not
gone, but corrupt?
Close your project, and look in your project directory, and try to locate
the NCB file (Non-Compiled Browser file). If it's there, try deleting it (or
maybe safer: moving/renaming it, so if it's unsuccesfull, you can put it
back), and when you reopen your project, VC++ should generate another one...
I hope...

Good luck

Stefan

PS: This is what msdn writes about this ncb file:

PROJNAME.NCB  This is the No compile Browser file. It contains information
generated by the parser which is used by ClassView, WizardBar, and Component
Gallery. If the file is accidentally or deliberately deleted, it is
automatically regenerated.

Quote:
>I'm using Visual C++ 5.0
>For no apparent reason I've lost the ClassView information file.  What
>might've caused this? How can I get it back?

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lost ClassView information file
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:33:44 +0100, Robert McCartney

Quote:

>I'm using Visual C++ 5.0
>For no apparent reason I've lost the ClassView information file.  What
>might've caused this? How can I get it back?

I'm not sure what you mean but I suspect that you have deselected
ClassView on the workspace view. Right click on InfoView and on the
menu that pops up choose ClassView.

Regards,
--

Signal Processing Group,                Tel: +44 (181) 420 3915
Radar and Countermeasures Systems,      Fax: +44 (181) 420 3960

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Lost ClassView information file
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:33:44 +0100, Robert McCartney

Quote:

>I'm using Visual C++ 5.0
>For no apparent reason I've lost the ClassView information file.  What
>might've caused this? How can I get it back?

To get it back close VC++, delete the ncb file and reopen VC++. It
will create a new ncb file and class view. This also fixes the problem
when some classes disappear from the class view.

Steve
--
Steve Wolstenholme
Neural Network Applications for Windows

Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Files in folder position lost in classview and fileview

2. Cannot Access ClassView Information File

3. msdev 5.0 ClassView information file

4. Cannot access ClassView information file

5. Cannot access the ClassView information file...

6. Classview Information File, Using Bitmaps in Combo

7. error "cannot access classview information file,ClassView information will not be available"

8. Losing structure information after opening file!

9. Class lost from ClassView

10. Lost all classes in ClassView

11. Classview folder always lost

12. I lost a class in the classview.