Downward compatibility with Win16 and Dos
Author Message
 Downward compatibility with Win16 and Dos

Hello!,

I will be programming for older, pre-Pentium machines and
wondered if my VC++ 6.0 would allow me to do this. I would
like to program for Dos using the console-based
application option in VC++, and I would also like to know
if I can use the VC++ Wizards to generate code for Win16
seemlessly.

Thanks

Spencer

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 06:29:45 GMT
 Downward compatibility with Win16 and Dos

Quote:
>I will be programming for older, pre-Pentium machines and
>wondered if my VC++ 6.0 would allow me to do this.

Yes, code generated with VC6 should work on 386 processors (if I
remember correctly).

Quote:
> I would
>like to program for Dos using the console-based
>application option in VC++, and I would also like to know
>if I can use the VC++ Wizards to generate code for Win16
>seemlessly.

VC6 can't produce DOS programs. VC6 console applications are Win32
only. You'll need an older product such as VC1.52 to produce DOS
applications.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:03:56 GMT

1. Downward compatibility with win16

2. Downward Compatibility

3. Need: Functions and libraries for opening AVI's in Dos mode with Turbo C compatibility

4. typesafe downward casting

5. Downward compatible extension to unions

6. Immigration hastens downward wage equalization of EEO

7. GetEnvironment API - Win16 vs Win32

8. Win16 + Win32 GetActiveWindow

9. win16 API ?

10. Help: Migrating C-written apps from Win16 to Win32

11. Using lstrcpy in Win16

12. Shelling to a Win32 app from a Win16 app