ActiveX ctl runs ok in Release but only at design time
Author Message
 ActiveX ctl runs ok in Release but only at design time

I have an ActiveX control with MFC support in VC++ 6 SP3.
Debug mode has no issues and there are no array problems.
I have even gone to the extent of REMOVING (yes) my
code!!! and recompiling. I still have this same bug: Any
compiled EXEs using this Release version ActiveX will HANG
upon startup when the ActiveX loads and the processor goes
to 100%. If there was something wrong then it would be
nice to have a GPF or something other than this silent
hang up.

The project can be downloaded from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

If I insert the control into a Visual Basic project then
in DESIGN time of VB the ActiveX will work. In IDE
run/debug mode in VB it also works. In the OLE Test
Container, it works too. But when I COMPILE a program,
like one in VB or VC++, and run the EXE, the stupid thing
hangs just when the EXE loads. I've tried adding debug
support to the Release and still can't find the source of
the bug. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Debug configuration:
ActiveX runs ok in any IDE at design time, the test
container, and run time of an EXE. No problems with the
Debug confirguration.
WIN32,_DEBUG,_WINDOWS,_WINDLL,_AFXDLL,_MBCS,_USRDLL

/nologo /MDd /W3 /Gm /GX /ZI /Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D
"_WINDOWS" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL
" /FR"Debug/" /Fp"Debug/Control.pch" /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fo"Debu
g/" /Fd"Debug/" /FD /GZ /c

Release configuration:
ActiveX runs ok in any IDE at design time and in the test
container, but NOT in a compiled application (e.g. when
the EXE loads, the entire app that uses the ActiveX will
hang).
WIN32,NDEBUG,_WINDOWS,_WINDLL,_AFXDLL,_MBCS,_USRDLL

/nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS
" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_AFXDLL" /D "_MBCS" /D "_USRDLL" /FR"Rel
ease/" /Fp"Release/Control.pch" /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fo"Release/"
 /Fd"Release/" /FD /c

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:35:36 GMT

1. Design time / run time

2. Read/Write Properties During Design Time, but Read-Only During Run-Time

3. Design-time vs Run-time mode

4. Design Time/Run Time Licences for OCXs

5. Design time properties at run time...

6. Ctl-C, Ctl-X and Ctl-V in RichEditCtrl

7. ActiveX design-time license problem

8. ActiveX Control crashes in VC++ IDE at design time in a dialog based app

9. ActiveX Control crashes in VC++ IDE at design time in a dialog based app

10. design time properties of activex controls

11. design time properties of activex controls in vc++

12. Editing an ActiveX control at design time