DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO
Author Message
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs perfect,
but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine. Anybody
knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I know
in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but in
VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

Simon Lai

Tue, 29 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

Hi Simon,
I think you need to include the MFCD*.dll as well, this has the implentation
of the DB classes of MFC. Try it...
Mervyn, MCSD

Quote:

>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs perfect,
>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine. Anybody
>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I know
>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but
in
>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

>Simon Lai

Wed, 30 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

I have MFCD30.dll for both case. I think it's some other DLLs. Thanks for
the pointer anyway.

Simon

Quote:

>Hi Simon,
>I think you need to include the MFCD*.dll as well, this has the
implentation
>of the DB classes of MFC. Try it...
>Mervyn, MCSD

>>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs
perfect,
>>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine.
Anybody
>>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I
know
>>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but
>in
>>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

>>Simon Lai

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

Get this. I installed and then remove VB from my machine and listed all the
DLLs, OCXs and DEPs used in VB under Windows\System directory and then
copied them to Winodws\System folder, yet the foxpro database table still
cannot be opened. I think something else I am missing now.

Simon

Quote:

>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs perfect,
>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine. Anybody
>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I know
>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but
in
>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

>Simon Lai

Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

you can run dumpbin utility (comes with VC) to produce a list of files
(DLLs) which your program depends on. This I found to be the best way to
know the dependent DLL's. You can look out for dumpbin in help and learn the
switches required. Alternatively you can download a utility called dllshow
available at www.shareware.com
Hope this helps.

Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs perfect,
>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine. Anybody
>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I know
>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but
in
>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

>Simon Lai

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

available at www.shareware.com
Hope this helps.
Also you can have a look at distrib directory in VC CD.
Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

Rajesh Parikh
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

>Get this. I installed and then remove VB from my machine and listed all the
>DLLs, OCXs and DEPs used in VB under Windows\System directory and then
>copied them to Winodws\System folder, yet the foxpro database table still
>cannot be opened. I think something else I am missing now.

>Simon

>>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs
perfect,
>>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine.
Anybody
>>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I
know
>>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but
>in
>>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.

>>Simon Lai

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DLLs needed for opening FoxPro database using DAO

Installshield Express ($220) installs and configures DAO.  I wish I
had bought it BEFORE spending hours on this annoying issue.

-Not in any way affiliated with IS

Quote:

>My program is using MFC Dao class to open FoxPro database. It runs perfect,
>but whne I installed on a fresh Win95 or NT system, the DAO class cannot
>open the FoxPro database even after I installed FoxPro ODBC driver. Yet
>either after I installed Visual Basic or Visual C++, it works fine. Anybody
>knows which DLL is needed for open FoXPro database in MFC DAO class. I know
>in VB the setup wizard actually linking in DLLs needed automatically, but in
>VC++ I have to find out by my own, even InstallShield won't help.
>Simon Lai

Sun, 03 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database settings -- Visual C++ used with Visual FoxPro database

2. Opening databases using MFC/DAO

3. Problem opening database using DAO.

4. Opening Existing Access Database using DAO

5. Problem using DAO to open a secure MS Access database

6. Access Database remains open after destroy dao query .(using mfc)

7. Opening a database in shared access mode using DAO

8. Opening a database in shared access mode using DAO

9. Help with Open exclusive through ODBC with Foxpro database

10. Using VC with Visual Foxpro Database

11. Help needed with MFC dll that uses DAO

12. Open a secure access database with DAO in VC++