Simplest way to pass a string between two processes?
Author Message
 Simplest way to pass a string between two processes?

I know there are several, and several 'hacks' to do it, but since I've not
needed to do this in a long time, I'm looking for the current simplest way
to pass a string between two processes with a minimum of overhead, coding,
et cetera...

Thanks,
    WTH

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:24:55 GMT
 Simplest way to pass a string between two processes?
s> I know there are several, and several 'hacks' to do it, but since
I've

Quote:
> not needed to do this in a long time, I'm looking for the current
> simplest way to pass a string between two processes with a minimum of
> overhead, coding, et cetera...

Via the clipboard? or shared memory? or a pipe?...

--
Quentin Pouplard (Tene/MyOE)
http://graff.alrj.org

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:46:03 GMT
 Simplest way to pass a string between two processes?
    See examples of WM_COPYDATA message

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ]

Quote:
> I know there are several, and several 'hacks' to do it, but since I've not
> needed to do this in a long time, I'm looking for the current simplest way
> to pass a string between two processes with a minimum of overhead, coding,
> et cetera...

> Thanks,
>     WTH

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:59:41 GMT

1. Valid ways to pass strings

2. Address passing between two processes

3. How to pass MFC Classes between two process using COM

4. Parse a simple string into two variables

5. string processing part two

6. Difference between two different ways of doing things

7. Two ways to write multi-statement macros

8. searching simple Commands (pause process, get Memory Use of LPSTR Strings

9. Processing strings passed from VB in C++ DLL

10. Simple ways to Improve my UI

11. passing stdin to a forked process, after writing some info to the process

12. Good ways to obfuscate/mangle strings?