How to update resources from a resource DLL? 
Author Message
 How to update resources from a resource DLL?

Hi!
I've made a resource-dll containg dialogs and string tables (in a second
language). Now I'd like to replace all the resources in my application. I've
been looking at LoadLibary and the UpdateResource functions but I can't find
out how to use it. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

/Henke



Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:33:02 GMT  
 How to update resources from a resource DLL?



Quote:
> Hi!
> I've made a resource-dll containg dialogs and string tables (in a second
> language). Now I'd like to replace all the resources in my application.
I've
> been looking at LoadLibary and the UpdateResource functions but I can't
find
> out how to use it. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

AfxSetRessourceHandle(...)

TN057 in MSDN

--
Quentin Pouplard (Tene/Graff Project)
http://graff.alrj.org



Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:32:08 GMT  
 How to update resources from a resource DLL?
Thank you very much for your answer!
Everything I load with LoadString and so on gets correct, but my dialogs are
still the ones that are built in the original project not from my
resource-dll. How can I have my dialogs from the resource-dll displayed?

/Henke


Quote:



> > Hi!
> > I've made a resource-dll containg dialogs and string tables (in a second
> > language). Now I'd like to replace all the resources in my application.
> I've
> > been looking at LoadLibary and the UpdateResource functions but I can't
> find
> > out how to use it. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

> AfxSetRessourceHandle(...)

> TN057 in MSDN

> --
> Quentin Pouplard (Tene/Graff Project)
> http://graff.alrj.org



Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:44:26 GMT  
 How to update resources from a resource DLL?
Remove them from the original project. When you invoke a dialog, it looks by default in
the current executable. If you want to look somewhere else, you have to
AfxSetResourceHandle to the desired resource handle to load the dialog. The fact that they
exist in the main executable means those will be loaded; by removing them, you make sure
that either the correct resources are used, or the call will fail.
                                joe

Quote:

>Thank you very much for your answer!
>Everything I load with LoadString and so on gets correct, but my dialogs are
>still the ones that are built in the original project not from my
>resource-dll. How can I have my dialogs from the resource-dll displayed?

>/Henke





>> > Hi!
>> > I've made a resource-dll containg dialogs and string tables (in a second
>> > language). Now I'd like to replace all the resources in my application.
>> I've
>> > been looking at LoadLibary and the UpdateResource functions but I can't
>> find
>> > out how to use it. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

>> AfxSetRessourceHandle(...)

>> TN057 in MSDN

>> --
>> Quentin Pouplard (Tene/Graff Project)
>> http://graff.alrj.org

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer
MVP Tips: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm


Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:16:34 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. How to find out amount of free resources (gdi resources, handles, system resources)

2. Resource DLL -> Resource.h

3. Problem updating resource in my DLL

4. UPDATE: DLL cannot load its own string resources

5. UPDATE: DLL cannot load its own string resource.

6. Use of Resource file versus embedding a resource

7. Still a problem with resource .rc files resource identifier

8. Manual mod of string resource ids causes failed resource load

9. Resources and resource symbols

10. Resources and resource symbols

11. Problem inlcuding a multi language resource in another resource

12. Borland style resource to VC++ resource converter

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software