button on dialog bar always disabled?
Author Message
 button on dialog bar always disabled?

I've placed a standard button on a dialog bar but it is always disabled.
This is odd since I've used the same method to get them to work on other
dialogs.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

Tue, 31 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 button on dialog bar always disabled?
You must have a handler for the button in your code.

Johan Rosengren
Responsable Informatique
PACTA S.A.

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 button on dialog bar always disabled?
I actually solved the problem, somewhat.  After doing some searches on the
web, I found that dialogbars do not support buttons, unless the function
that controls it is in the dialog's parent class.  In my case, that's either
the main or view class.  I still have a problem, though, which is all of my
data for the dialog is stored in the other class, and I may have to transfer
everything over manually (classwizard does not allow you to link variables
from the dialog to the main or view classes, for some reason).  Anyone have
any idea why and how to get around it?  It may end up not being worth it for
me to do it... if I can just copy the message_map and the functions into the
new class instead of messing with it.

Dan

Quote:

>You must have a handler for the button in your code.

>Johan Rosengren
>Responsable Informatique
>PACTA S.A.

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. dropdown button in toolbar is always disabled state.

2. CToolbar buttons always disabled.

3. how do i maximize app + disable maximize,minimize/exit buttons on title bar

4. CDialog bar button enabling/disabling checking/unchecking

5. Can't disable main tool bar buttons

6. How can disabled command bar button in runtime?

7. Disabled ToolBar / Dialog Bar

8. Dialog bar controls disabled?

9. File Open Dialog - Open button Enable&Disable

10. File Open Dialog - Open button Enable&Disable

11. How to enable/disable Toolbar button in Dialog Based MFC application

12. File Open Dialog - Open button Enable&disable