Non MFC exe and MFC-dll
Author Message
 Non MFC exe and MFC-dll

If i create exe file without support MFC , can i linking dll with MFC
support  ?And way ?
__________________________________________________________________ Alexander
Zolotov ICQ#: 167738419 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Mon, 09 May 2005 13:41:22 GMT
 Non MFC exe and MFC-dll
Yes, why not. That's why DLLs are better than libraries, they are separated
(unless several MFC DLLs expect different MFC DLLs with the same name...).
You can even use BASIC to call MFC DLLs (not even independent on the library
used, but also on the language).

Christian

Quote:
> If i create exe file without support MFC , can i linking dll with MFC
> support  ?And way ?
Alexander
> Zolotov ICQ#: 167738419 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Mon, 09 May 2005 14:18:09 GMT
 Non MFC exe and MFC-dll
Hi Alexander,

As long as the dll(s) in question fall into the category of being a "regular
dll" as opposed to an "MFC extension dll", you should be able to use it. The
latter may *only* be used by MFC client apps, whereas the former can be used
by any application that can successfully link to it -- VB included as long
as the calling convention is _stdcall. To use a regular dll in a VC project,
simply add the dll's .lib file to the "Object/library modules" editbox on
your exe Project Settings' Link tab. Then #include any necessary headers and
you should be good to go.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
> If i create exe file without support MFC , can i linking dll with MFC
> support  ?And way ?
Alexander
> Zolotov ICQ#: 167738419 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Mon, 09 May 2005 15:17:58 GMT

1. Non MFC exe and MFC-dll

3. mfc debug output in a non-mfc exe?

4. Using non-MFC DLL in MFC app

5. Calling MFC DLLs from non-MFC programs

6. MFC DLL needs to be called from Non-MFC VB.

7. CAsyncSocket in an MFC DLL used in a non-MFC Application

9. Calling MFC DLLs from a non-MFC app

10. Accessing MFC DLL from a non-MFC application

11. Using a MFC DLL in a non-MFC application

12. Using non-MFC DLL in MFC app