Help after installing VC6 my old own programs crash!
Author Message
 Help after installing VC6 my old own programs crash!

After installing VC6 (and
re-installing win since it
crashed my PC)
i cannot run any VC5 created
program, i always get first an
error dialog
saying what follows:

c:\myprojects\myexe.exe
A device attached to the
system is not functioning.

and then

The "Error Starting Program"
dialog with the following
message:
The myexe.exe file is linked
to missing export
mfcn42d.dll:380.

What should i do?
I checked the new MFC dlls and
i have 6.00.8168.0 version.

Please Help i don't want to
re-install VC5 again!

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help after installing VC6 my old own programs crash!
This is because VC6 and VC5's debug dlls are not binary compatible. There is
a KB article about this.Search support.microsoft.com/support or visit
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/technical/support.asp and see Issues List
which lists this problem as well. I think the readme which comes with VC 6.0
mentions this as well.

--
Girish Bharadwaj [VC++/MVP].
Dont send email queries to me directly.Please put

Quote:

>After installing VC6 (and
>re-installing win since it
>crashed my PC)
>i cannot run any VC5 created
>program, i always get first an
>error dialog
>saying what follows:

>c:\myprojects\myexe.exe
>A device attached to the
>system is not functioning.

>and then

>The "Error Starting Program"
>dialog with the following
>message:
>The myexe.exe file is linked
>to missing export
>mfcn42d.dll:380.

>What should i do?
>I checked the new mfc dlls and
>i have 6.00.8168.0 version.

>Please Help i don't want to
>re-install VC5 again!

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Program crashes during load in DEBUG mode after VC6 install

2. VC 5 appl crashes after VC6 install

3. CGI program crashes after installing SP4 or SP5

4. CGI program crashes after installing SP4 or SP5

5. New App for old Modems-BBS access-VC6/95 NEED HELP

6. Help!! Startup problem, after VC6 is installed

7. VC6 Install Help

8. installing vc6 breaks COM .. HELP

9. Please help, Startup Problem after VC6 installed

10. Help w/ app crashing in MFC shared dll but not w\ static MFC using VC6

11. Help: Crash when loading MFC 4.2 dll's in VC6 app (Access violation)

12. HELP:PPP-MacTCP/IP->PC (own program)