Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT
Author Message
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

Hi

I have upsized my Windows CE-MFC project to Win32-MFC under Windows NT and
it works 100%

When installed under W95 or W98 it found Shell-API not installed . Some of
them I have reimplemented in order
to execute under W95/98 but it seems to many more for example SHGetFileInfo.

Is there any compiler options here. I have not found any or must I have to
distribute support DLLs to be able to
execute "NT" code under Windows95/98 ?

Thanks in advanced.

Stephan Cassel

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:00:52 GMT
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

Quote:
>I have upsized my Windows CE-MFC project to Win32-MFC under Windows NT and
>it works 100%

>When installed under W95 or W98 it found Shell-API not installed . Some of
>them I have reimplemented in order
>to execute under W95/98 but it seems to many more for example SHGetFileInfo.

Stephan,

I don't understand your problem. SHGetFileInfo is supported under
Windows 95.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:32:06 GMT
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT
Thanks David for your reply.

More information: I am using UNICODE and I have just read, at www.deja.com,
that UNICODE is
not supported for Win9x. If that is the fact I see why my NT-UNICODE does
not execute.

When I try to execute my app under W95 it reports that SHGetFileInfo is not
supported
It probable because I am using SHGetFileInfoW.

Is it correct that W95/98 is NOT supporting UNICODE?

Thanks in advanced

Stephan Cassel

Quote:
> >I have upsized my Windows CE-MFC project to Win32-MFC under Windows NT
and
> >it works 100%

> >When installed under W95 or W98 it found Shell-API not installed . Some
of
> >them I have reimplemented in order
> >to execute under W95/98 but it seems to many more for example
SHGetFileInfo.

> Stephan,

> I don't understand your problem. SHGetFileInfo is supported under
> Windows 95.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:10:42 GMT
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT
David. I found this at MSDN:

"To avoid this problem, you should call SHGetFileInfoW directly. This
resolution works only on Windows NT and Windows 2000. On Windows 95 or
Windows 98, SHGetFileInfoW is not implemented."

But I am not calling SHGetFileInfoW directly. But MFC probably does. How can
tell MFC to use SHGetFileInfo.

Thanks in advanced

Stephan Cassel

Quote:
> >I have upsized my Windows CE-MFC project to Win32-MFC under Windows NT
and
> >it works 100%

> >When installed under W95 or W98 it found Shell-API not installed . Some
of
> >them I have reimplemented in order
> >to execute under W95/98 but it seems to many more for example
SHGetFileInfo.

> Stephan,

> I don't understand your problem. SHGetFileInfo is supported under
> Windows 95.

> Dave
> --
> MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:28:26 GMT
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

Quote:
> But I am not calling SHGetFileInfoW directly. But MFC probably does. How
can
> tell MFC to use SHGetFileInfo.

Check if you have _UNICODE defined in you project settings and change it to
_MBCS. That'll tell the complier to use to Ansi versions of the function(s)
instead.

Regards
Heiko

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:15:08 GMT
 Code does not run under windows 95/98 but on NT

Quote:
>But I am not calling SHGetFileInfoW directly. But MFC probably does. How can
>tell MFC to use SHGetFileInfo.

Stephan,

What are you calling that indirectly calls SHGetFileInfo?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:09:19 GMT

1. Develope DB for clients computers running microsoft 95/98/NT

2. strcpy(x, x) works in NT/2000 but not 95/98

3. Application runs on 2000 but not on 98 or 95

4. stretchblt not working under NT but does under 95/98

5. CPageSetupDialog: Works in NT. Not in 95/98

6. DCOM with windows NT/ 95-98

7. VS.net MFC running on Windows 95, 98 static linking problem

8. Compatibility Windows NT, 98 and 95 ...?

9. Differences between Windows NT, 98 and 95.

10. IPC windows 95/98/NT/2000

11. VC7 exe not running with 98 or NT

12. DBWin32 V2.2 Captures OutputDebugString on '95/'98/NT