CSockets, CWinThreads, and DLLs
Author Message
 CSockets, CWinThreads, and DLLs

Hi

I have a CWinThread derived class: one member variable is a CSocket.
When linking this class into an executable program, the socket works as
expected: when this class is used as part of a DLL and linked into a
main program, the socket does not work as expected.

I know that CSockets employ hidden windows (or some windows widget in
the background) and I wonder if this is the root of the problem I see.
Can AfxSetResourceHandle help? If so, how?

I am also beginning to lean towards a winsock2/threads
(_beginthread/_endthread) implementation for our DLL. Does anyone have
thoughts regarding CSocket/CWinThreads DLLs vs winsock2/threads DLLs?

--

Regards

Peter

As always the organisation disavows knowledge of this email

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:21:14 GMT

1. Can't Shutdown CWinThreads in a MFC dll

2. CWinThreads and Message dispatch

3. CWinThreads & PostThreadMessage

4. Using CSocket in a com dll problem

5. Using MFC CSockets created by main program in a dll....I'm at a loss

6. ISAPI extension DLL and CSocket

7. CSocket in Threads in DLL

8. CSocket in a DLL

9. CSocket in a dll????

10. CSocket in a DLL ?

11. CSocket in 16-bit DLL

12. CSocket or CAsyncSocket in a COM DLL