arrays pointers array of pointers
Author Message
 arrays pointers array of pointers

hi all
i have a source code that has the following:
 class called (for example) base
and in the public methods I have
base *method(){....}
and in the private I have
base *array[maxnb]
can any one help me on that isssue
thanks in advance

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:04:26 GMT
 arrays pointers array of pointers
You didn't clarify the exact issue.

Regards,
Nish
[VC++ MVP]

Quote:
> hi all
> i have a source code that has the following:
>  class called (for example) base
> and in the public methods I have
> base *method(){....}
> and in the private I have
> base *array[maxnb]
> can any one help me on that isssue
> thanks in advance

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:04:59 GMT
 arrays pointers array of pointers

Quote:

can u explain what does this means?
Idid not understand how can I write the name of the
classand a method pointing to it????
the same thing for base *array[maxnb]
if there any help about this please give me the explanation
Quote:

>.

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:39:46 GMT
 arrays pointers array of pointers
I think you need to review the C language. What you see is something that is commonplace
C/C++ code. The language is *designed* to allow this sort of thing to be expressed. What
you have is a method that returns a pointer to an object, or array of objects, of the
specified base class.
                                joe

Quote:

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www.flounder.com

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:43:32 GMT

1. Dereferencing f-pointers, arrays of f-pointers, pointers to f-pointers

2. Array of pointers, pointer to array...

3. array pointer/pointer array

4. Pointer of Pointers was Pointer of arrays...

5. Pointers: return of pointer to array of pointers to main

6. Pointer to array of pointers

7. pointers to pointers to arrays

8. Pointer to an array of pointers to functions

9. limit on pointer to array of pointers?

10. Pointer to Array of Pointers to Strings.

11. pointer to array vs pointer

12. pointers to an array and accesing elements of the array