CRecordset and SQL Server Linked Server View
Author Message
 CRecordset and SQL Server Linked Server View

I am getting a timeout error on a CRecordset open call
that is bound to a SQL Server view.  The view contains a
join between a table in teh SQL Server database and a
table from an Access database that is connected as a
linked server.

When I only have a couple of records in the resultset it
works fine.  However, when a have several hundred records
in the result set, I get a time out error.

I have no problem opening the view from within SQL Server
Enterprise.

Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

Thanks,

-Rob

Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:55:50 GMT
 CRecordset and SQL Server Linked Server View
Try calling SetQueryTimeout on your database prior to opening the recordset.

- Tim

Quote:
> I am getting a timeout error on a CRecordset open call
> that is bound to a SQL Server view.  The view contains a
> join between a table in teh SQL Server database and a
> table from an Access database that is connected as a
> linked server.

> When I only have a couple of records in the resultset it
> works fine.  However, when a have several hundred records
> in the result set, I get a time out error.

> I have no problem opening the view from within SQL Server
> Enterprise.

> Any thoughts on what might be happening here?

> Thanks,

> -Rob

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:57:39 GMT

1. SQL Server with CDatabase/CRecordset and server cursors

2. CRecordset: Error when adding records SQL Server view

3. Error updating SQL-Server record via ODBC (CRecordset)

4. How to pass NULL params in RFX for CRecordset in SQL Server/ODBC

5. CRecordset & SQL Server

6. Help! CRecordset/SQL Server 6.5

7. CRecordset & SQL Server speed issues

8. Dynaset with Bookmarks to SQL Server connection makes a CRecordset connection read-only

9. CRecordset updateable join with SQL Server 7.0

10. Help: Problems with CRecordset and SQL Server

11. SQL Server error when updating via CRecordset

12. Need ID of a record added to SQL-Server using MFC/ODBC/CRecordset