Reading from a zip file but not actually unzipping the file
Author Message
 Reading from a zip file but not actually unzipping the file

Hi, I was wondering is there a way to read the list of
file names from the zip but not actually unzipping the
file?

any help is really appreciated.
Sue

Sun, 23 May 2004 02:36:18 GMT
 Reading from a zip file but not actually unzipping the file

Quote:

> Hi, I was wondering is there a way to read the list of
> file names from the zip but not actually unzipping the
> file?

> any help is really appreciated.
> Sue

A while back I wrote a file finder that went into .ARC and .ZIP files to
find files.  It was "easy" because the directory entries for the files contained
in the archive were not compressed.  I don't know if this is still the case, but
it probably is.   www.wotsit.org has zip file formats among others, or you
may find it in the documentation for pkzip or winzip.
(my file finder was written in Pascal and I don't have the source at my
fingertips...)

hth

Rufus

P.S. I don't know what happens with nested zip files.  I imagine the directory
entries get "zip"-ped along with the rest of the file.

Sun, 23 May 2004 03:17:45 GMT

1. How to unzip a zip-file

2. how can I zip or unzip a file using MFC

3. class to zip/unzip files

4. How to Unzip a .ZIP-file

5. zip and unzip files

6. Reading from a zip file but not acutally unzipping the file.

7. Need help with a program that reads ZIP files

8. Read/Write to a Zip file?

9. zip, unzip routines in c

11. How to unzip the file in server side?

12. unzipping files