CRecordSet vs. CDaoRecordset
Author Message
 CRecordSet vs. CDaoRecordset

    Help!  I have an application which uses CDatabase and CRecordset to
access an ODBC database (FoxPro).  Now I need to extend the application to
not only use existing tables, but create new tables..  No problem there, I
just run it through SQL statements.  My problem is in that while CRecordSet
supports GetFieldValue() so that I don't have to use DDX to get values of a
field, it does not support SetFieldValue() to SET those values without DDX.
I did read that CDaoRecordset does support SetFieldValue(), but doesn't
CDaoRecordset also only support Access?

Any help or comments much appreciated!

Tony

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet -- CDaoRecordSet

2. CDaoRecordset/CRecordset/ODBC Question

3. Classes derived from CRecordset and CDaoRecordset

4. Converting CRecordSet Applications to CDaoRecordSet

5. CDatabase vs CRecordset

6. CDatabase vs. CRecordset

7. RFX_Text to NULL in CRecordset in VS.NET

8. CRecordset/CDatabase code using SQLExtendedFetch vs. SQLFetchScroll

9. Using CDatabase::ExecuteSQL vs subclassing CRecordset for inserts (of BLOBs, in particular)

10. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

11. Using CRecordset::AddNew() and CRecordset::Edit() with IDENTITY fields

12. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional