Difference between a console program and windows program?
Author Message
 Difference between a console program and windows program?

I have been coding in windows platform for many years but I do not know what
is the exact difference. Sure it is easy to tell from the appearance.
Additional to that, is there anyone can tell me whether a console program
can popup a dialog box? I am going to write a library which will pop up some
dialogs but the library needs to be used in both console and windows
programs. Anyway can enlighten me greatly appreciated.

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:40:25 GMT
 Difference between a console program and windows program?

Quote:

> I have been coding in windows platform for many years but I do not know what
> is the exact difference. Sure it is easy to tell from the appearance.
> Additional to that, is there anyone can tell me whether a console program
> can popup a dialog box? I am going to write a library which will pop up some
> dialogs but the library needs to be used in both console and windows
> programs. Anyway can enlighten me greatly appreciated.

Yes a console app can pop up a dialog box.  If it contains message pump
code it can even pop up windows and a full GUI and become
indistinguishable from a window app.  The fundamental difference is in
the app's architecture, not it how the OS treats it.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:05:52 GMT
 Difference between a console program and windows program?
A console app is one that traditionally runs at a command prompt, rather
than having a GUI.

Quote:
> I have been coding in windows platform for many years but I do not know
what
> is the exact difference. Sure it is easy to tell from the appearance.
> Additional to that, is there anyone can tell me whether a console program
> can popup a dialog box? I am going to write a library which will pop up
some
> dialogs but the library needs to be used in both console and windows
> programs. Anyway can enlighten me greatly appreciated.

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 02:06:40 GMT

1. Building a Console Program without the Console Window (HELP)

2. Is programming windows 98 the same as programming windows 2000

3. play *.wav in windows console program.

4. Windows message box in console program?

5. how a background or console program can always activate a IE window

6. Tell me if an exe is a console or windows program

7. Tell me if an exe is a console or windows program

8. A DOS program starting a Windows program?

9. need programs to help teach me Programming Windows in C

10. Some difference in execution of program

11. Some difference in execution of program

12. Differences between C programs output and win outputs