CHttpServer--how many instances?
Author Message
 CHttpServer--how many instances?

    Is there only one instance of CHttpServer for all handler threads of
an isapi dll?

      Is there only one instance of the CHttpServer class(or the class I

derive from CHttpServer), even when the  ISAPI DLL that CHttpServer
represents
is handling many simultaneous requests from many different browsers?

    And, therefore, if there is only one CHttpServer class, the "this"
pointer within each thread(that is, within the member function) is the
same, namely, CHttpServer. Correct?
     And, therefore, there never a need to declare member variables of
CHttpServer static( like declaring a CCriticalSection static within
CHttpServer).  "static" means a class-wide variable, one instance in the

entire program, but since there is never more than one CHttpServer
instantied there is no danger of using the wrong critical section, and
therefore no absolute need to declared it static.  Of course, there is
no disadvantage either.

    Do I have this right?

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MFC CHttpServer::GetTitle() should not return LPCTSTR!

2. ChttpServer Send cookies?

3. CHttpServer Bug?

4. CHttpServer and ON_PARSE_COMMAND

5. Storing Object instances and reteriving Object instances

6. Finding Class Instance from Interface Instance

7. Single-instance object starts multiple instances

8. instance of an instance

9. CHttpServer -->How to send multiple pages to a client with one ISAPI function??

10. more on the registry under CHttpServer. Any ideas?

11. how do I read from the registry in a CHttpServer application??

12. how do I read from the registry in CHttpServer application??