Heap block modified past requested size
Author Message
 Heap block modified past requested size

Quote:
> Hi guys,
>     suddenly I start getting this message when I debug my program
>      "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f9f9df"
>     Debug info:    Heap block at 00136FE0 modified at 00137014 past
> requested size of 2c

>  Can anyone tell me what I shall do about this?

You can get that for lot of reason, the mains: you explicitely defined a
breakpoint in your code, you failed an assert...

Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Heap block modified past requested size
A common cause of this is overwriting a block of data (often an
off-by-one error in a loop). The second most common cause is using a
pointer that was already freed. The third most common cause is writing
through an unintialized stack variable, but it seems the latest VC++
intiailizes all stack variables to 0xcccccccc, a truly wonderful idea,
that catches most of the latter errors immediately.
                                joe

Quote:
>>    suddenly I start getting this message when I debug my program
>>     "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f9f9df"
>>    Debug info:    Heap block at 00136FE0 modified at 00137014 past
>>requested size of 2c

>Anders,

>Presumably you've got code that's stamping onto memory it doesn't own.
>You need to pin down the area of code where this happens. The place
>where this error message shows up is likely to be sometime after the
>actual problem code.

>Dave

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Heap block still modified past requested size

2. HEAP[dllhost.exe]: HEAP: Free Heap block 1e32c28 modified at 1e32dc4 after it was freed

3. HEAP error: Free heap block xxx mdofied at xxx

4. Heap errors when stressing Automation, _bstr_t, and watching heap blocks

5. copy,past,window size,unexpected file format

6. Heap block

7. "Heap block" error

8. "Heap block" error

9. problem with malloc in VC++6 SP1 (small block heap handler)

10. Heap manager returns overlapping memory blocks

11. Free Heap block