How to change CView title
Author Message
 How to change CView title

Hello

I have an MDI app, each view shows different sections of the same document,
so I want the title to reflect what the view shows, not simply
document name : 1
document name : 2

More like:
Rubix Cube : top
Rubix Cube : bottom
Rubix Cube : right

...and all the other sides...

When I open the view I call SetWindowText, and that works, until the window
is deactivated, then the title changes to the default title, and appears in
the Window menu as the generic title.

How can I control the window title?

thanks
Ray

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to change CView title

In the view's frame class make the following change to PreCreateWindow
before returning:

 cs.style &= ~FWS_ADDTOTITLE;

--
Cheers,
Tom Archer

page: http://tarcher.home.mindspring.com

Quote:

>Hello

>I have an MDI app, each view shows different sections of the same document,
>so I want the title to reflect what the view shows, not simply
>document name : 1
>document name : 2

>More like:
>Rubix Cube : top
>Rubix Cube : bottom
>Rubix Cube : right

>...and all the other sides...

>When I open the view I call SetWindowText, and that works, until the window
>is deactivated, then the title changes to the default title, and appears in
>the Window menu as the generic title.

>How can I control the window title?

>thanks
>Ray

Mon, 31 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing the title in ps

2. How to change the whole title (caption) of a PropertyFrame created with OleCreatePropertyFrame

3. Change the Height of Title Bar!

4. - Changing the FONT of the title bars and menus

5. Changing Title Background color

6. Changing Title Bar?

7. How to change Icon on the Title Bar

8. How to change the title icon?

9. How to change CView background?

10. Changing title bar text

11. How to Change Title in SHBrowseForFolder?

12. Changing the Order of Items in the Title Bar