Can I use a DLL to start MS Word with Automation
Author Message
 Can I use a DLL to start MS Word with Automation

Here is what I am trying to do:
Use my java application (already written) to open up a new MS Word
document and write into it a few lines of information that already
exists in my java application.

To achieve this I figure I should be using the Java Native Interface
to call functions in a DLL (a native language DLL i.e. C++).  The
functions in the DLL will then use Automation to start up the Word
application and write into it information that I have passed as
arguments.

My question is:
Is this approach the correct one, will it work?  Can I use Automation
in a DLL to start up word?  What will the functions in the DLL look
like?

Here is what I know how to do already:
I can start the word application by using a small MFC dialog based
application.
I can use the Java Native Interface.
I can use the mingw utility dllwrap to make a DLL.
I am aware that VC++ has a wizard for making DLL's, although I haven't
used it yet.

Hope you guys can help,

Thanks,

Chris.

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:05:33 GMT

1. how to use MS-Word as an OLE automation server

2. OLE/COM Automation for MS Word 95 or 97

3. How to set properties of the PrintDialog when using word automation

4. Creating word 97 document with text boxes using automation

5. Automation of whole Documents using MFC and Word/Excel

6. Word 2000 automation using #import

7. DLL problem (OLE Automation with Word)

8. WORD Automation via C#:BuiltInProperties in Word

9. Debugging a DLL started from Automation

10. Automation problem with Word: Couldn't get Word object

11. WORD OLE Automation - Writing on top of a word document

12. Starting automation servers from dll's