Password protected database (DAO)
Author Message
 Password protected database (DAO)

Hello people!

I need to know how to operate on password protected *.mdb - I suppose it
concerns CDaoWorkspace class. How such a protected Access' base should be
legally operated via client? In addition, I want to add "Change password"
functionality. How?
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:11:21 GMT
 Password protected database (DAO)
Connect Client
==========
Client will form the correct connect string and pass it to
CDaoDatabase::Open.

Change Password
============
In the VC++ IDE using Tools / Com / Object Viewer I can start the object
viewer and choose File / View Typelib. If I open MSACC9.OLB I can see that
under the typedef enum acCommand that there is a constant
acCmdSetDatabasePassword = 275. So it would appear that you would use a
DoCmd::Run(acCmdSetDatabasePassword)
although it will probably just present you with the change password dialog
box within Access.

Quote:
> Hello people!

> I need to know how to operate on password protected *.mdb - I suppose it
> concerns CDaoWorkspace class. How such a protected Access' base should be
> legally operated via client? In addition, I want to add "Change password"
> functionality. How?
> Thanks in advance,
> Peter

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:36:28 GMT
 Password protected database (DAO)
Thanks Rob. As soon as I work on this, I'll let you know about my progress.
Thanks,
Peter

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:37:22 GMT

1. DAO password protected database and class wizard

2. open password protected DAO Database

3. DAO - Password protected .MDB file access

4. Open a password-protected Access database

5. Error compacting a password-protected Access database

6. Password Protected DataBase

7. Password protected DataBase

8. Open a password protected DataBase

9. SQLConfigDataSource and password protected ACCESS database

10. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC

11. Password protected Access Database

12. How to compact a password protected database with Visual C++ using ODBC